The new LeWL WindLogger has been manufactured since 2008. We have sold thousands of these little wind data loggers all over the world and they have an excellent reputation for their stability, accuracy and endurance.
The new WindLogger has been re-designed with major enhancements, thanks to the small wind enthusiastic community. We have listened to their feedback and have made several improvements: Simpler than ever installation, just plug the Pro-D anemometer into the internal 6P4C connector. If you use any other type of anemometer, that is ok too. You can connect it directly to its internal sensor input connection block. Automatic anemometer detection system. The new WindLogger will let you know if there's an anemometer connected and working before leaving site.
Option for external temperature probe
Built-in battery monitor
Outstanding battery life up to 1 year at 1 minute logging interval or 2 years at 10 minutes intervals
- Record wind speeds from up to 2 anemometers simultaneously - Average wind speed, gust wind speed and standard deviation (turbulence) and wind direction
- Input for external temperature probe
- Up to 1 year of battery life recording 1 minute data or up to 3 years battery life recording in 10 minutes intervals. (10 seconds available for testing purposes)>- Time-stamped data recorded to microSD card in standard CSV format for import into Excel or wind analysis software. Includes all sensor values, plus battery status.- Simple analysis tools included. (excel template for your manipulation or Java app)
- Fully weatherproof IP65 rated enclosure
SD card memory storage
- Files in standard CSV ASCII format, archived into monthly files
- Records average, standard deviation and maximum values
- Data recorded with date and time stamp
- microSD flash card FAT32
Four sensor inputs
- Log two anemometers at once (2 digital inputs)- Supports dry contact (volt-free) switch, Hall effect switch, open collector or 3V logic level signal Wind speed input
- Potentiometer type wind direction sensor, 1k - 20k ohms.
- Support for external temperature sensor
Serial port to interface with PC
- RS232 compatible for reading values while logging data
- Setup menu via serial port or via SD card
- Custom sensor factor setup via RS232
- Operating Temperature -40*C to + 70*C (check with us first for extreme weather applications)
- Sealed IP65 enclosure with gland for sensor wires
- Dimensions: 160x80x55mm
- Weight: 450gm including batteries
Logic energy GSM & GPRS enabled 14 channel Datalogger used for live remote monitoring. Data is automatically sent every 10 minutes to the Logic Energy web portal, a fully automated and managed remote cloud application.
Connect your sensors, power up the system and that is all you need to start getting data. Set up takes typically less than 3 min
Logic Energy 14 channel data logger
Logic Energy web portal software
Sim with 2 yr contract
What it will monitor (With suitable sensor), will connect any 3rd party sensors*
Power and Energy
• Customisable dashboard
• Charting and reporting tools
• Data export tools - processed or raw format
• Site comparison tool
• Mobile phone access for easy install set up
• Geo Location map of all sites
• GSM signal strength indicator
• Alert and alarm function
• Log book of alerts
• Online configuration of sensors
• Create users and data access permissions online
• Multiple site online dashboard
Wireless: GSM/GPRS communications every 10 minutes to Logic Energy web portal.
Alert function, combined alert function from all your sensors
Configuration of the logger’s sensors done remotely via its provided web portal
Data available in in many formats, accessed via online web portal Available Channels: 14 channels – 8 digital counters and 6 analogue inputs plus power supply/battery monitor
Data Sampling Rate: 1Hz (conforms to IEC 61400). Average data over 10 minute period
Resolution: 0.001Hz for digital inputs and 0.01 volts for analogue inputs
Accuracy: Better than 100ppm (parts per million) or 0.002% margin of error for digital inputs
Analogue inputs accuracy better than 1%
Reporting Interval to Logic Energy web portal: 10 minutes
Local storage: Writes data to SD card every 10 minutes.
Capacity: Over 10 years data
Data Transfer: Automatic data transfer every 10 minutes to Logic Energy web portal
Operating bands for GSM
Quadband (worldwide) – GSM800, DsC1800, GSM850 and DSC1900
Connector: SMA connector for antenna
Operating temperatures for Logic Energy Data Logger:-20°c -70°c
Power Consumption: Avg 5mA
Sensor Power: Pulsed 3.3Vdc, max 20mA total, 10 millisecond excitation pulse each sample period
*Compatible Sensor Manufacturers: Thies, Clima, Vector Instruments, NRG, Secondwind, RM Young
Power Supply Options: 12v rechargeable battery and PV panel kit or mains powered
Advanced PV power kit available
Volts 7Ah rechargeable battery, PV charger and 10W PV panel
Mains supply 9-12 volt regulated power supply
(optional?)Material: Black High Gloss Acrylic Capped ABS
The new WindTracker is one of the simplest to use wind site assessment tools out there, yet it shares the high specification of the more advanced new WindLogger.
The new WindTracker automatically measures all the wind statistics for you. Just connect the wind sensor and let the Windtracker run. (No setup required if sensor bought from us)
When you are ready to collect the information, just pop in the microSD card (supplied with the logger) and the WindTracker will transfer all of its data statistics to a simple text file on the memory card. Upload this file to our FREE online reporting tool and you'll have a simple yet very informative wind report for small scale wind turbines.
- Please note that there's a previous version of the WindTracker which we have limited stock only.